Here are some classic practices for your whole life.
Sometimes, we just need to go back to the basics of our practice to set some boundaries ant intentions and then see what happens.
I want you to feel empowered and in balance not stressed out or exhausted by all the options or by pushing too hard, all the time. MOST students I know need to relax MORE, restore MORE, and practice gentle compassion towards themselves. AND, let’s be clear… keep showing up.
Keep aligning. Stay committed. Do not hide away from your life by numbing out on Netflix, create sacred moments in each day.
Please ADJUST the times below for whatever time frame you have.
Check In and Set Intentions (5 minutes)
- Body scan- Mentally scan the body for aches and pains. Emotions. Tightness.
- Journal/free write- Just do a brain dump here. Let anything on your mind come out. Pen to paper is best.
Breathing/Pranayama (10 minutes)
- Open mouth in, in, out – 3 minutes
- Standing open mouth with arms – 3 minutes
- Alternate nostril – 3 minutes
All of these can be found on our Vimeo page.
Moving/Asana (3-5 minutes each) ** Make a playlist with 8 songs 3-5 minutes each. When the song changes, shift position. Move for the duration of the song in this position.
- On your Back
- On all 4’s
- Down dog/Planks/Childs Pose
- Low Lunges
- Standing & squats
- On Belly
- On Back- close with *Hand on heart and hand on belly. Chant or hum or mentally repeat- OM ( sounds of AUM)
Sitting/Meditation ( 5-10 minutes) or laying down with arms relaxed, spine tall palms up or down
Closing Dedication- NAMASTE & Send this practice out into the world. identify someone/ something that needs a little love.
- Journal, write, notice, and reflect- PAUSE.
Loving Kindness ( say, write, think)
- May I be happy. May I be safe. May I be healthy. May I live with ease.
- May you be happy. May you be safe. May you be healthy. May you live with ease.
- May we be happy. May we be safe. May we be healthy. May we live with ease.
Join Our Community
Sign up for Wake Up Wednesday, our weekly guide to guilt free self care practices & inspirations for your mind, body, soul.
. . .a lil omm goes a long way.